Loi Pasta Kritharaki Orzo with Cherry Tomatoes, Olives, and Pine Nuts
- 1 package of Loi Pasta Kritharaki Orzo
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10-12 Kalamata olives, pitted, halved
- 1 clove of garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup of pine nuts
- ¼ cup of Greek olive oil
- 2 oz. Graviera cheese, diced
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil Loi Pasta Kritharaki Orzo in salted boiling water with two tablespoons of olive oil for 7-9 minutes, until it has reached the desired texture. Drain and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- While the pasta is boiling, toast the pine nuts: heat a skillet over high heat until the pan is very hot. Turn the flame to low and add the nuts. Constantly stir and re-distribute until you can smell the nuts’ aroma. Remove them from the pan; be careful not to overcook, or they will become bitter.
- To serve, add the hot Loi Pasta Kritharaki Orzo to a bowl, add the remaining ingredients, toss to mix well. Taste, season with salt and pepper accordingly. Serve and enjoy!