Loi Pasta Kritharaki Orzo pasta with Arugula-Walnut Pesto
- 1 box of Loi Pasta Kritharaki Orzo
- 5 tablespoons of walnuts
- 4 oz. fresh arugula, cleaned
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup of grated Graviera cheese (can substitute Parmesan or Pecorino)
- ½ cup Greek olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Graviera cheese, for garnish
- Reserved walnuts, for garnish
- Boil Loi Pasta Kritharaki Orzo in salted boiling water with two tablespoons of olive oil for 7-9 minutes, until it has reached the desired texture. Drain, and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- While the pasta is boiling, toast the walnuts: heat a skillet over high heat until the pan is very hot. Turn the flame to low and add the nuts. Constantly stir and re-distribute the nuts until you can smell the aroma; remove them from the pan, careful not to overcook, or they become bitter. Reserve one tablespoon for garnish.
- Add walnuts to the bowl of a food processor and run it until they are ground up. Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor, except the olive oil, and run to combine. Slowly add the olive oil, while the food processor is running, until all the ingredients are fully combined. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- To serve, combine the Loi Pasta Kritharaki Orzo with the pesto, mixing thoroughly to distribute the pesto.